Skip to main content

Stop F-ing Things Up!

The partner today told me he wanted to appeal the new bankruptcy plan. Through hard work, hair loss, and just overall wearing myself out I’ve finally cultivated a good relationships between the firm and the Trustees. Now they want to f it all up.
For God’s sake just be happy. When I asked why he told me it was because he wanted to make things easier for the firm and bring it all in line. He did notice I didn’t seem too happy about it which was plain to see.
Stop fucking with things. Honestly. Just stop. Every time we get a system they push something else. And I get their mentality. Make the system work for you. But I’ve always found it better to work within the system and change some small stuff. Don’t try to upheave everything.

I need a new job. Desperately. For multiple reasons.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving On

A lot of drive and not quite enough talent. The story of my life. If I could do anything it would be to write. Write DnD homebrew, write a few novels, write my manga. But talent escapes me I'm afraid, and there are so many talented writers out there. So I embrace the good things in life. My wife, my daughter, and my future son, and in some ways that may need to be enough. It would be nice to be happy with my worklife too though.

Tuesday Musings

"It’s a remarkable trait of humans, refusing to ever believe we’re wrong. We’re pre-programmed to always blame someone, or something else — even when we clearly goofed. This natural proclivity was leveraged by some marketing genius, likely decades ago, who coined the phrase “the customer is always right.” That’s not some tacit omission of guilt but rather a recognition that people will ALWAYS blame someone else when they screw up, and this nature can be turned into a selling  point." Tuesday Conversations with Clients Client: Why did you screw up this motion? Me: I didn’t. It’s a claim and the creditor didn’t file it the right way. Client: Okay (no apology). I need you to call me when I get confused. Me: I have no way to knowing when you’re confused, but you can call me. Client: I don’t have time for that. I just got a raise. *Part of me dies inside* Client: Can my payroll fax you the paystubs. Me: Sure, but our phones are down right now. Can they e-mai